on 30 January 2014
I used to own a JBL hoop speaker which I loved and rated very highly but was a bit too big and cumbersome for a bedside unit. When the hoop finally bit the dust after 5 years and I switched from the old apple connector to the lightning connector, instead of replacing it I decided to stick with JBL but go for something smaller.

This fits nicely on my rather small bedside table and I find the extra usb port on the back very handy to charge my kindle from. The quality of sound is excellent and even churns out a nice amount base which for its size really surprised me. I really like that the lightning connector itself moves through a 45 degree angle. This means that as you reach for your phone to either switch off the alarm of answer a call, if you get the wrong angle it reduces the likelihood of damaging either your phone or the connection on the speaker. Really nice attention to detail.

The only reason this is a four star review is that I have to take my phone out of it's bumper style case in order for it to charge or play through the speaker.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink