on 10 October 2009
Being born in 1942 I grew up with this type of film. My memories were that Gracie Fields could do no wrong. So I bought the collection and I wasn't disappointed. If anything, it was better than I had expected. The film quality, black and white, mono etc. did nothing to take away the quality of "Our Gracie". It has been reproduced superbly with very little, if any, crackle and pop.
Each film carries it's own story and displays the freedom of the era, that which we have so sadly lost in this day and age. It shows the simpleness of stories that have a start, middle and end and is wonderfully interspersed with the music, or songs, that my Grandmother used to sing to me. From "Sally" to "Sing As We Go", and including some songs that I have never heard before, this collection is well worth having. I'm very pleased to be a proud owner of the collection.
I would recommend this collection to anyone, including the young, because it is just good clean humour and fun.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?