on 28 October 2007
This is a super little book and brilliant for the novice gardener (me)! We had just moved house, I had no idea about plants and this book helped me to identify all the plants that came up in my garden throughout the year. It is arranged by season (starting with early spring) and then by colour, so if you have a plant that appears in early summer and is red go to the 'Early Summer' chapter and then look at 'Red' - it couldn't be easier. I shall be planning my planting using the book - what colours do I want and when do I want them?

There is also a lot of information about each plant - type, size, best position and type of soil - to help you avoid expensive mistakes. The index contains both common and latin names to help you find your way around. If you buy only one plant reference book, make it this one!
81 people found this helpful