on 13 October 2012
As someone who has often failed to manage goals and more importantly, to actually achieve my goals, I was sceptical at first about this book. Goal-setting is usually talked about by people who seem instinctively to set and achieve goals. These goal-setters can never understand how someone like me struggles so much to manage goals. So it was only based on Derek's highly acclaimed presentation before 7,000 people in Anaheim at the world's greatest achievers' conference, that I bought my copy.

What impresses me most is that Derek is not like most authors of "How to" books, who seem to be blessed with lifelong success. Derek was struggling and under-achieving in many areas of his life and especially in trying to set and achieve goals. It just wasn't working. It was when he struck on the idea of setting standards, rather than goals, that his life turned around. Derek explains exactly how he did this, and sets out the process for implementing the standards-based approach in our own lives.

The Ten Second Philosophy is easy to read, written in a way that immediately aligned me with the author. I was making notes from the very start and the ideas in the book have already made a positive impact on my life. In my opinion this could be the motivational book of the year!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.