on 5 January 2014
I bought this after buying a 2013 LG TV replacement to my 2012 model, only to discover the audio on the TV was beyond terrible. This soundbar fixed the problem quite neatly. The sound is very good and fills a small to medium sized room very well. I've seen some reviews stating they are unhappy it doesn't fill their living room perfectly, but this system could never do that. It is perfect for a small or medium TV in a bedroom or spare room. For a full sound system you would need wall or ceiling mounted speakers (x4) with tweeter and sub woofer.

The reason I bought LG is so that it would be fully compatible with my LG TV, and certainly the sound link is seemless - I can control it with my regular controller, so that is a genuine extension of my TV and I don't have to fiddle with multiple remotes. The only time I need the soundbar remote is to change input (to the bluetooth to listen to music from my iphone, which works perfectly). The system worked first time on startup and with no need to fiddle - brilliant. The only bug bear I have is that to get the wireless link to work you need to purchase an additional LG dongle for the TV, but this is not the sound bar's fault, and many lg TV's have this built in properly (as they should).

It's wall mountable or goes underneath the TV. It says it fits 42" and above, but I have this suspended just below a 32" television and it looks neat and tidy with only 10cm sticking out either side - which really doesnt bother me.

The dust issue someone else has mentioned is true, it is somewhat of a dust magnet and quite visible - but then so are most TV's this day, so if you are dusting them regularly its not a problem.

Someone else also mentioned the LED display not turning off. I agree, it would be great to be able to dim it, but I got used to it super quickly - and also the auto power on/off function means it is off when the tv is off anyway. I do like to watch TV as I fall asleep on sleep-timer, but the LED is not bright enough to annoy me at all.

All in all, a very good, solid, and loud piece of kit with a lot of functionality for the price - so very good for anything and everything short of a full home media system.

Also, don't do what one man I ran into at PC world did - he stormed in just before christmas with his wife, and asked if I was buying this (I said I was), and proceeded to slag off LG and the shop for providing a 'dodgy' optical cable. Certainly the cable it comes with is quite short and a bit weedy compared to the expensive ones - but it works perfectly. He then proceeded to shout at the store assistant that this cable they had on sale was much better than the 'cheap tacky one' supplied, and that they had spent the whole night trying to get it to work - and that only by holding it in place manually would it 'sort of' work. I then proceeded to remove the protective cap for him and ask if he had inserted it properly. His wife burst into hysterical laughter and the man went red - the store clerk did well not to laugh too. So please remember to remove the rubber protective cap from the cable before attempting to connect it to your sound system! :) hahaha
11 Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?