73 of 75 people found the following review helpful
I Thought My iPhone Was Good!,
This review is from: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I have had my Xperia X10 for a day and a half and have already completely forgotten about the iPhone that I cherished for 18 months. Sony-Ericsson have created a piece of technology that has both style and substance, combining user-friendly functionality, an excellent camera, super-fast internet and a sleek case. There are myriad reasons why this phone is brilliant and if I were to list all of them you would be reading a thirty page review so I will restrict myself to listing just a few:
1) The internet on it is amazing! Super fast, very easy to use with an excellent zoom function. The standard browser that is already on the phone is more than adequate but you can also download others such as Ocean which is, supposedly, even faster and Dolphin with which one can download videos from Youtube.
2) The camera is better than my digital camera and, at very least, is the best that I have seen on a phone. The quality of both photos and video is breathtaking and knocks anything the iPhone has to offer into a cocked hat. I spit on your 3 mega-pixels!
3) The media centre is excellent and looks great. More importantly, it makes it ridiculously easy to put new music etc. onto the phone. It is just a matter of dragging and dropping items from your computer into the music folder on the phone. I'm a bit of a technophobe and even I found this easy and certainly a great deal more intuitive than the circuitous and laborious way it was done on the iPhone. Items can also be deleted or selected as ringtones on the actual phone and music can be listened to while other applications are in use.
4) The screen is a thing of beauty. It is absolutely massive, dwarfing the iPhone's, and is clear as crystal at all times.
5) There is an extensive list of 'Apps' to choose from, a lot of which are free, and they are growing in number every day.
Of course there are some miner niggles such as the absence of flashplayer (I understand that this is being rectified by an update in June) but these are all very small and will, no doubt, be sorted out by forthcoming updates.
In conclusion, throughout this review I have compared the X10 with the iPhone, the reason being that I previously owned one and, as they are both smartphones, there are obvious parallels. I loved the iPhone and thought it a great piece of technology but the X10 is just better in almost every way. The X10 has ironed out a number of the flaws that I found in it's rival and for that reason it gets 5 stars.