54 of 57 people found the following review helpful
Super easy to use and makes hot cappuccino and latte,
This review is from: De'Longhi EN520.B Nespresso Lattissima Plus, 1 Litre, 1300 Watt - Black (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my 3rd Nespresso machine. I originally had a Magimix Nespresso M200 Coffee Maker (Black) with the cappuccino milk frother. I got rid of this for space reasons and because the milky drinks it made were lots of fuss and not very hot. I then bought a Magimix Nespresso M100 Automatic Sand Coffee Maker, White which is a brilliant machine and makes great lungo and espressos.
However this new Lattissima is in a different league. First of all it is really compact. Much smaller than the M200 and about the same footprint as the basic machine. This is in part due to a compact water tank that does only hold about 10 drinks worth of water. This is fine though as I change the water every day anyway. The machine is brilliantly thought out and easy to use. Some of the things I like are:
1. The water tank lid is also the handle
2. The machine has a sensor for large and small drinks which you change by sliding out a step for the cup.
3. The milk frother can be put in the fridge in one piece. It just plugs into the machine.
4. The milk frother has a steam clean button that can be used while the milk tank is full.
5. The cappuccino's made are HOT. Not tepid but actually hot which is really nice.
6. Turn it on, wait 40 seconds to warm up and press the cappuccino button and it automatically makes the right size drink. No having to watch it is 100% automatic.
7. Manual override - if you want more coffee extracted from your pod simply press the espresso button again and it does more. Press the button to stop it at any time.
8. The milk frother components can be washed in the dishwasher - perfect!
I will update the review for reliability in 6 months time but right now I have nothing but praise for this superb machine.
4 months later it still gets used daily. It also works well with off brand Nespresso Compatible pods that you can buy in the supermarket with all the other "Pod" coffees. Genuine Nespresso Pods are better though for a fuller taste and they flow better as well.
One year update. Wife and I use this thing 4 or 5 times a day between us. Usually for Americano it is true (double shot pod + hot water) but for cappuccino as a desert coffee now and then. Totally reliable and as good now as when new. The milk tube has gone grey from the dishwasher but everything else is perfect. One more feature I missed before is that if you run out of water when it is running it gurgles and stops rather than breaking! Truly idiot proof. The best off brand pods I have used are the Carte Noire Espresso No 3 Elegant 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g(Pack of 8) which are great value and work well.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jul 2014 16:54:06 BDT
Very helpful review thank you.
Posted on 8 Mar 2015 09:41:37 GMT
I don't think there is any sensor associated with the drip tray, the size of the coffee depends on which button is pressed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›