on 8 March 2012
For so long, I've been trying out a few 24" monitors as an upgrade without any success whatsoever, so I sent them back and just stuck with my Acer 21.5" monitor instead. This is basically the same, but bigger, with an HDMI input.

I've tried 2 Benqs (one was good for the price but it was LCD, the other was LED but was gloss but I didn't know this, and I HATE gloss) and one Asus (which was crap, I really don't see why Asus get so much attention, the colours were all wishy washy and inaccurate) so I decided that I'd try a bigger Acer monitor and all I can say is, SUCCESS!!

Images look natural, text is bold and clear, and movies look terrific on it. I'm sure games do too. It's just an overall, natural looking monitor with a very CLEAN and CLEAR image representation with no gimmicks or anything. Frankly, if your looking for a good affordable 24" monitor, you've come to the right place. It's a BRILLIANT monitor and a great purchase. I just wish I bought it earlier, but I read somewhere it was gloss and I have severe issues with glossy monitors.

Also, I see a few questions of whether or not people think it might be matte or gloss. Well, I can happily confirm that it's 100% MATTE.

I would thoroughly recommend this monitor, I bought it directly off amazon for £133 (I have issues with second or third party sellers) and bought it on free super saver delivery and received it 2 days later (kudos to amazon for that).

It turns on and off in lightning speed with a handy button that's at the centre of the monitor with a nice blue tint and an overall nice, thin, sleek and sexy piano black appearance.

Adjusting settings are easy to have it in user mode (your own personal favourite settings, (I have mine on brightness 55, contrast 30, colour temp 'user') as well as standard, games and movie mode (but I don't bother with those) as the factory settings are a bit rubbish. But I just prefer to have it in user mode for everything, it looks perfect to me.

Acer make GREAT monitors but for some reason are overlooked by Asus, Benq, LG and Samsung and many other popular brands.

If you want a 24" monitor for a good price, go for it, trust me, you will NOT be disappointed. I honestly can't recommend this monitor enough.
22 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?