on 16 July 2007
About 2 years ago I split from my boyfriend of 7 years. When I say split I mean he walked out on me to move in with a girl 11 years younger than me. Despite the fact he'd been a pretty horrid boyfriend I desperately wanted him back. On the advice of someone who was as she put it "on the outside looking in" I decided to buy this book and I am so glad I did. I'm not saying that without this book things would have turned out differently but I am saying that this book kept me strong, made me realise I did deserve better and never to accept anything less that that.

The book is split up into chapters and there's something in there for everyone, no matter what the circumstances of the relationship/break up are. The authors are straight talking and don't pull any punches with their advice - but this is what's so brilliant because you can't get offended by their advice like you would had a close friend just said it. At the end of each chapter is a `true life' account of different women and how they handled their break ups... in the worst possible way. These little stories are designed to and did indeed have me laughing out loud (something I desperately needed to do) and made me see what others are capable of when the red mist comes down. Personally this book helped me not to become `that crazy ex' and leave with dignity.

I would recommend this book to anyone who's just had their heart broken and even those who had their heart broken months, years ago but still find themselves holding on. It may look cheesy, it may be written by Americans but it helps. Take a chance and buy it.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?