on 8 November 2011
Firstly, if you're new to JBs music, I have to advise you one thing - Ignore the hate. He gets a lot of stick for no reason at all, people will debate he can't sing; got famous for nothing etc etc. Listen to him yourself and judge from there.

I liked his My Worlds album, it had some really good songs that will be remembered as being the "songs of his career" (Baby, One Time, Down To Earth, Eeenie Meenie and Somebody To Love spring to mind). When I heard Mistletoe, I was initially worried that the songs would all be the same; I'm not saying Mistletoe isn't good, but I prefer more...upbeat Christmas songs if I'm honest. This album won't disappoint; okay, he can't crack the high notes like Mariah Carey (huge fan of her Xmas stuff), but for a 16/17 year old guy, he does very, very well. From upbeat Xmas songs, to slower RnB style songs, to ballads, to rap, yes, I said rap, songs; this album has them ALL! It keeps the theme from his other album, he's still singing about falling for some girl (not in every song, but most); so that will keep long term fans listening. But he adds something new with his new rap rendition of Drummer Boy; trust me, I am not a fan of rap music, but there's something strangely satisfying about hearing him rap; listen to the song and you'll see what I mean.
His voice is different because he's grown up since My Worlds, but it's part of what makes his music so great to listen to. We're literally watching/listening him grow up as he makes his music, as he grows, so does his fans, he's getting more successful by the minute and it's really worth it. My favourites? It's hard to pic, but "Home This Christmas" stands in front as a great Christms ballad; whilst the classic "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town" will put a smile across your face if you're driving in the car.

Overall, a brilliant Christmas album; this album will be one of those you dig out every Christmas to get yourself in the Christmas mood. Well done JB, keep up the good work!
11 Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details