5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
one of the most stunning Hobbit builds,
This review is from: LEGO The Hobbit 79003: An Unexpected Gathering (Toy)
The result of this build is a stunning Hobbit "Bag End" exterior including bench and garden; and the indoor kitchen/dining room when you turn it around.
It comes with 6 mini-figures:
- Bilbo Baggins - 2 faced - "Shire" outfit - good printing on torso (front and back).
- Gandalf the Grey - bog-standard Gandalf - nice beard covers torso and face printing; comes with grey cape, pointy wizard's hat and dull wizard's staff.
- Balin - 2 faced - fantastic hair piece that does not obscure the face too much though it does cover much of the front torso printing; comes with a red cape and sword.
- Dwalin - single face - back of head is nicely printed, lovely printing on torso (front and back); comes with green cape and massive hammer type weapon.
- Bofor - 2 faced - amazing hat/hair piece, wonderful front torso printing, nice back shirt printing, comes with a pickaxe and brown cape - this really does look like the character from the movies.
- Bombor - 2 faced - fantastic hair piece but it covers the shirt printing and most of the face is obscured too.
The outside of Bag End is stunning and looks superb on display. It comes with several window pieces and the iconic round Hobbit hole door. There is a light/lantern by the door. There is a nice looking garden fence with gate. Bag End was built into the side of the hill and has a tree growing out of the top.
Inside there is plenty of food for the hungry dwarf visitor: apples, carrots, stick of bread, pretzel, chicken legs, and berries of 2 colours along with 2 bottles, 2 plates and 2 goblets.
There are a massive number of accessories in this build: pots and pans, shovel, chest, 3 maps, 2 barrels (one medium one large, broom. book, quill pens, letter, jars, etc.
There is so much going on in the build and it does take hours to build but it is well worth the effort.
There are 4 numbered bags, 2 instruction books and only a couple of stickers (mainly on the fence panels, but there is one on the bench and one on each cover of the book.
It has 652 pieces and with a RRP of 59.99 it works out at 9.2 pence per piece for a stunning build.