on 8 June 2013
I was given this camera by my boyfriend for my birthday. I requested this specific one, and had done a huge amount of research into cameras prior to asking for it. I love photography, and taking photographs, however I will not claim to be brilliant or know much about it, its just a hobby. I purchased a brilliant little Samsung (WB550) about 2 years ago, and as much as I loved it, I really wanted something which gave me a little but more. I wanted to be a bit more creative in my picture taking so I started doing some research.

The reviews I got on this camera were mixed. Some said it was great, others hated it, which put me off for a while. However in the end this camera seemed to offer me what I wanted, for the best value...without being too cheap!

I received this product and I can only say I love it. If I enjoyed taking photographs before, it is nothing to how much I love it now. I go out with that one simple mission, and I put it down to this camera. Now for the experts and the more advanced photographers, you will probably turn your nose up at something like this. As bell and whistles go, it obviously does not have anything like the technology DSLR's do. However this suits me fine. I considered a DSLR, however honestly wouldn't be able to afford all the lenses to make it worthwhile having one. And to be honest I would not know what to do with it.

If you are like me and take photos for fun, this really is the camera for you. I have been so impressed with what it can do. The colour and clarity it produces are outstanding. The zoom is exceptional, if not indecent! I was worried the picture quality might suffer at the extreme end of the zoom range, however I have not found this is the case, with pictures being just as crisp. I am also impressed, (being a lover of taking pictures of sunsets and sunrises)how well this camera deals with glare. I have taken lots of pictures where I expected there to be lost of glare, and instead the colour and the light were awesome!. The camera makes me want to experiment with my photography, and surely that it what amateur photography is all about, experimenting and having fun!

Down to the boring bits. The battery life is brilliant, especially when considering this little camera is always trying to focus, when it is turned on. It is very light and easy to carry around. I LOVE the fact you can recharge it via your computer, or plug it into the wall. It is so convenient, and part of the reason I went for this model in the first place.

If you are looking for a camera which has bells and whistles, with a manual zoom and shutter speed, stay clear of this one. HOWEVER if you are like me and don't know a great deal about photography, but want to experiment and take some awesome pictures, and need more than a normal Digital compact camera, this really is the camera for you. I love it!!!!
What's this?