on 5 January 2005
I bought my PlayStation 2 soon after the console was originally launched, so it's pretty old by now. For some time I have been having problems with games not loading, and when I tried to use the PlayStation's 'browse' option I got a "Disc Read Error", which usually means the lens in the PS2 is dirty.
A lot of websites tell you to take the PlayStation 2 apart and clean the lens directly yourself. Before trying that approach and risking the whole machine I thought I'd give this product a go. It works. I used it once and now all my games load first time - even the old ones that are blue instead of silver.
I think the purchase price makes this product worth a try before you send your PS2 back to Sony or get the screwdrivers out yourself.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?