5.0 out of 5 stars Get What you Pay For - Cheap Can Be Cheerful, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Arnova 10G3 10.1 inch tablet (1GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB memory, capacitive touch screen, 1080 HD video playback, expandable memory, Android 4.0) (Personal Computers)
First although a very regular Amazon customer , I bought mine from HMV , as it was much cheaper.

As others have said this is no I Pad or even a High End Brand Android Tablet , It is very much a budget option , but if you accept that , are prepared to accept certain limitations and do a bit of fettling , then like me after a few days you end up with a perfectly acceptable little tablet.

It is perhaps a little heavy but I use mine on a stand most of the time anyway and yes others are correct the battery lift is pretty appalling , switching off wi-fi when not needed does help a little but its still not great.

The loaded app store appslib is basically rubbish , check out arctools.com and follow the instructions to the letter as I did , flash the firmware and you get google play , the difference is just night and day , I have all I need and want in the form of games , utilities and security and have not spent a penny , but will buy an app if i see one i want because I have more trust in the google name than in the installed app store run from Hong Kong.

I actually checked out the various videos on youtube rgarding flashing the firmware and although others have seemingly "bricked their tablets " its worked fine for me.
Be warned the procedure I follwed is for the capacative model only , not the DT model.

It really struggles with I Player I think thats simply down to the spec of the tablet , checking on various forums , there do seem to be more tweeks and alterations you can make to the system to help this but thats a geeky/tech step too far for me.

This little toy does what I need , it plays my music , I can watch youtube , check facebook , browse the web in an emergency , I have google maps loaded to find my way -simply put its great.

If you want/need a budget tablet , then if you want it 100% out the box look elsewhere but if you are prepared to spend a few hours getting it just right then BUY THIS NOW.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]