Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now Learn more

VINE VOICEon December 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Alpen is a brand I trust and for once I thought I would treat myself to an instant product. I will usually avoid buying something like this, as I would prefer to make my own porridge, in a pan with milk and water, and add whatever dried fruit or nuts are at hand.

All you need to do is boil the kettle, add hot water to the fill level in this 60g pot, stir it, wait 2 minutes and it's ready to eat. You really can't get simpler or easier than that, and for those looking to eat and run, this will probably be an excellent solution. Porridge oats are healthy, and filling, although I found this portion just a little too small for my liking.

It tastes like porridge, with a bit of extra sweetness. The addition of cranberries and blueberries is nice.

The packaging can (mostly) be recycled and there are relatively few additives--sulphur dioxide in the dried fruit (a pet hate of mine); an acidity regulator; a humectant and "flavourings".

So, if you don't have the time to make your own porridge in the morning, I guess this is as good an alternative as any. I would still prefer to get up 10 mins earlier to make my own though ... and then I can have a nice big portion too!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink