on 30 December 2011
I read a lot of fantasy and sci-fi books - in fact, any which come my way, and rarely find something which doesn't already seem familiar to other authors I've read. Rarely do I come across an author who managed to find a new 'hook' to lift their books above the ordinary; equally rarely do I come across one with such strong regard for the written word.

The two-part book "The Way of Kings" comprises the first in a new series, and for me was impossible to put down. It is beautifully written, and each character is sufficiently in-depth to paint a real picture of them while keeping a slight air of mystery. I found myself completely oblivious to the outside world; in fact my partner had to call me three times for dinner as I was so caught-up in the magnificent world he has created and peopled.

I would not recommend these books for someone looking to read a few pages each day for a month or two as I feel the beautifully crafted storylines would lose some of their greatness over such a period of time; instead wait for a rainy day and devote yourself to them as they're really worth it. I was given these as a gift for Christmas, and sat down to read them yesterday. I'm now avidly awaiting the next in the series!

A masterpiece of the genre, I cannot rate this highly enough.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.