on 23 April 2009
I took delivery of this TV 3 weeks ago to replace an older and smaller LCD model. Having been looking at the various televisions of this sort of size that are available, I made my final decision to buy this particular model based on looking in stores, careful inspection of specifications and looking widely at reviews on the internet.
As something which is going to be a major feature of my living room for quite a long time I wanted to make the right decision. Certainly there are cheaper brands, and also cheaper Sony models out there, but the Bravia 'W' range seems to be the best combination when it comes to features, quality and price.
Having used it daily I can now confirm that I think I made a wise choice. This Sony has the best colour display of any television I've seen. When you first watch it it's as if everything is suddenly in 3D - such is the depth and definition of the picture, even when using it to watch standard definition Freeview television as I usually do. I thought that I was getting a very good quality Freeview picture with my previous setup, but it is noticeably better with this Bravia. I've also invested in a Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray player to use with this TV and watched a number of discs through that. As you'd expect the quality of the picture then is exceptional.
The sound is also surprisingly good for a TV. There's plenty of energy in the sound output and great clarity too. I can now hear things that I'd missed before - I actually got up to answer the phone at one point before realising that it wasn't mine - it was on the telly!
There's only one snag that I've found with this TV and that's a minor one. Although it has a good number of connections available to it Sony has reduced the number of SCART sockets on this model to 2. As someone who is still in the process of upgrading my televisual equipment, the rest of my equipment (except for the Blu-ray player) uses SCART connections so a third one may have been a bonus.
278 people found this helpful