on 24 February 2008
I first came across this album in the mid/late 90s when I was really getting into electronic music. At the time I was listening to mainly Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze,Jarre and Vangelis.

When I put this album on for the first time I remember I was feeling a bit under the weather, it was late and I was laying on my bed with the light off. This album just left me feeling so refreshed,calm, focused and glad to be alive.

I find it hard to actually put into words what this album means to me as it really is my favourite ever album, if I had died with only ever hearing this album I would have died a happy man.

I remember thinking I am going to like this before actually hearing it, the original sleeve had some notes talking about that they have chosen not to give the music titles or have pictures on the cover(except for a large ear) for the purpose of letting the music conjure up your own thoughts. what a great idea as when a song or a piece of music has a name attached to it it you automatically have an image in your head. by doing this I was just going to listen to a piece of music and not know what journey my mind was going to take. They also asked listeners to send in their thoughts and pictures that came from listening. How I would have loved to have read some of those, I did actually send something myself but with it being 10 years ago I can`t quite remember what now!.

Anyway 10 years on and I still listen to this album quite often. If I am sad,happy,depressed or just stressed with life I can always get something from listening to this album, and it never sounds boring or dated to me. and that is very rare with electronic music which can sound dated quite quickly after being released.

To me this was a landmark in electronic music at that time as it was very deep,emotional and moving music, you were not getting music like this in the 90s a lot of the electronic music to me was stale old rubbish with no emotion, this was different and if it was released today for the first time it would still stand up to most of the electronic music out there, and that is a major achievement by Tom And Mark

I have also brought the 2005 remastered copy which to be honest does not sound too different to me, you get a bonus singles colelction on a second CD which I suppose is a nice little bonus although to be fair none of it stands up to 76:14 except for maybe The Biosphere which is in the same sort of groove of the 76:14 music, so in that sense it is very nice having this track.

Anyway if you don't mind listening listening to electronic music and have not heard this, I STRONGLY recommend you get a copy of this album as I don`t think your be disappointed. And if this gets you hooked wanting more then get the other two classic albums by Global Communication which are Blood Money and Remotion(the remix album) and then buy Tom Middleton`s Lifetracks. the rest of the solo stuff does not really stand up to this.

Enjoy.....
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details