on 21 January 2009
The brilliant BBC series The Power of Nightmares had a remarkable piece of theme music. An electronic symphony of simplicity and beauty, a soaring piece of inspiring yet melancholy genius. I found out thanks to the wonder of internet search, that it was the Big Ship from Another Green World by Brian Eno.

I subsequently bought a rare Japanese version on vinyl for quite a high price, and also paid for my first (and last) song from itunes (I guiltily admit that most of my downloads are on bit torrent), and I have not been disappointed. The song is amazing, but In Dark Trees and the title track Another Green World are good rivals. A lot of the other songs sound quite dated, but these three songs alone make this worth the purchase (a rare one in my case!).

I realise I am very late to seeing the light in the genius of Brian Eno. But if you also are yet to realise it, get this album. All the ambient albums are also fantastic as is Music for Airports. Wonderful musician.
What's this?