on 15 February 2012
The cable is well-finished (no fraying anywhere) and sufficiently supple and long to loop around both bike wheels. You need to have a padlock or (better) a strong U-lock in order to lock the two looped ends together, so the description "cable lock" is a bit misleading (although the Product Features section makes this clear).
I carry my cable in a pannier bag. Not sure how I would carry it without a bag, although I guess it could be looped fairly tightly around a bike tube and fastened by putting one end through the other (as in the product picture) and then back through again to make it less likely to slip off.
In summary, I'm glad I bought it; it means I don't have to carry my bike wheels around with me when I park the bike!
What's this?