on 19 August 2009
I have been making bread with various vegetables for years but my experience with (vegetable) cakes was limited to carrot cakes, courgette loaves + one beetroot chocolate cake, not too bad maybe but when I saw this book was going to be published I just couldn't wait to lay my hands on it and greedily devour it.

Well, Harry Eastwood, hats off! You have exceeded all my expectations, and yes, they were pretty high...

This book is delightful to look at, to read and last but not least of course to bake from.

The photos are great, the layout is clear and I really enjoyed the cute introductions to each recipe as well as the "Trust me tips" which, added to the detailed explanations given in the recipes proper, guide us smoothly through the whole process, making sure the results are topnotch and they truly are !
The icing on the cake for me was the cake diaries (ie: the development of the recipes with its highs and lows) which I found both interesting and entertaining.

Once again Harry hats off for all the research that has gone into this gorgeous book, it was well worth it...I could wax lyrical about it for quite some time but I guess it is better to let the cakes speak for themselves (although they won't tell you about their mystery vegetable ingredient ;-))

J'adore!
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?