on 3 February 2011
I have read many of Julia Quinn's books but I have to say that towards the end of the Bridgerton series I began to feel that things were getting a little repetitive.

I have long been a fan of regency romance (first introduced to Georgette Heyer by my grandmother as a young teenager) and was introduced to Julia Quinn by a friend quite recently. What instantly struck me about Julia Quinn's books was the strength of characters. The few historical inaccuracies, though noticeable do not generally detract from the story.

Unfortunately, though this book was still an enjoyable read, I was a little disappointed. I felt the lead characters, Gregory and Lucy, were not as well developed as normal and as the series progressed I found that the characters from the previous books in this series become increasingly stilted with the exception of Violet Bridgerton.

It would also find it refreshing if the "naughty" scenes had a little more variety to them from book to book, they seem to be written to a formula.

I recommed this book as a conclusion to the rest of the series but I would not recommend it as the starting point for anyone reading the books out of sequence.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.