on 27 November 2010
I had a Samsung Solid. the M110, before which was about 3 years old. Rugged though it was it did not completely survive me falling over and using it to break my fall although the only damage is a small faulty area of the display.

I bought the B2710 not really knowing what I was going to get but hoping it would be as good as the Solid and a bit more up to date. The verdict is that it is superb! The B2710 is just as rugged as the M110 with the same watertight, dust proof case and good chunky, reliable keyboard. It is physically slightly larger than the M110 but not much. However it is also a fairly smart phone which gives me internet access to Google, Facebook, Twitter and all my email, a versatile multimedia player and other possibly useful features like a compass, pedometer and a torch as well as the usual games, FM radio etc.

Getting used to the slightly different text input methods with the B2710 compared to the M110 is taking a little time but is no problem. This phone has a 2M pixel camera as opposed to the 1.3M of the M110 which may be a benefit to some. It records video in addition to still photos. You can add a microSD card to increase memory capacity. It also has a very large loop for a safety string or chain if you need one.

In short, I love it, as I do most Samsung products. Falling over clutching my M110 may have done me a favour because I now wonder how I managed so long without a superb smart phone like this. It is unlocked so drop your SIM in and off you go! Buy one without delay.
11 Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?