on 23 July 2013
I already had a pair of Asics Gel Trabaco after having run in Saucony for a couple of years in relative comfort. The Trabaco's were comfy for road running and dry trails but I went for the Gel Fuji Trainer 2 so I had a shoe that could hold it's own on muddy and wet terrain. I was not disappointed, they are without exception the best running shoe I have ever run in.

The sole has enough grip for most trails but isn't so technical that it prevents you from running on the tarmac in comfort if need be. I am a size 11 in a regular shoe and so I ordered the 11.5 and they fit like a glove. The only complaint I think people might have is that they feel too comfy, if that makes sense. They don't hug the foot like some other running shoes and there is room for a little movement around the heel. I think this is the result of the way the eyelets and laces have been designed. Having said that I have run 50+ miles in them so far (including a half marathon) and have experienced no foot issues, blisters, soreness, etc whatsoever.

They also have a hidden pocket in each tongue to hide away the laces which avoids them getting snagged and tangled up on the trails on which is a nice feature.

The colour scheme is interesting but to be honest that's the last thing I worry about when buying running shoes these days and anyway who's looking? :)
I would recommend the Fuji Trainer 2 for anyone running 25+ miles week, I will certainly be buying another pair in the future.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details