VINE VOICEon 22 April 2010
This book reads very much like the first one (A Madness of Angels (Matthew Swift 1)) - you're dropped in to the action right at the start and spend the rest of it unravelling the mystery. The style of writing is very fast-paced, the action never seeming to stop long enough to catch your breath. I enjoyed this book slightly more than the first one, which took me a while to get used to the writing style. I'd recommend this to anyone - especially those who've read the Night Watch (The Night Watch) series.

I think my only gripe with this (and the first book) is the lack of chapters. The books are split into parts, which is fine - but sometimes it's not possible to read 150 odd pages in one go, and I like to finish a chapter when I stop reading. Perhaps it's just me though - and I did still enjoy the book.
What's this?