on 9 November 2010
I'm a bit of a Converse fan - I have about 8 pairs currently, mostly lo-tops. One one pair out of my collection is this style - the women's version of the classic Chuck Taylor All Star. The colour? Bright pink, of course. And they always attract comment!

As a long-time wearer of Converse, I've noticed that, if I wear them for long periods or do a lot of walking in them, I eventually get some pain in the soles of my feet, and it's worse with hi-tops. I imagine this is because they are so very flat and my feet, used to some kind of heel at least, are reacting. Not so with this version, however. The inner sole seems slightly more padded than the normal version, and there is the slightest contouring for the instep that is barely noticeable but seems to make all the difference in terms of comfort. I can wear them all day with no pain.

Size-wise, I always take a 7 (GB) in Converse and I don't find that these come up any larger or smaller than my other pairs in other styles. The cut is slightly narrower and the toe is more almond-shaped than rounded but they fit just as well.

In terms of look, I must confess that I prefer the unisex version. With this version, the white rubber strip round the side is thinner, smooth rather than textured and more contoured. Some might prefer this less chunky look, but I don't. To me, they don't actually look like Converse, more like Bensimon or some other brand of upmarket sneaker. Purely personal, of course but, for looks I'd stick with the classic style. For comfort, though, these really are the biz.
0Comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?