on 16 April 2007
Probably, despite serious competition from Ray Davies and Peter Blegvad.

Up there with Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, and even The Gershwins and Kurt Weill.

And I grew up with those folks' songs. My mother, who had seen most of their opening nights on Broadway, and heard Rhapsody in Blue on an acetate at a Bohemian apartment in the Village, played the piano and I sang the songs. So, nobody can suggest that I don't know my chops, and the 3 gentlemen cited belong in that hallowed group. (Even if Ray did go through a pretty dubious period after School Days when the Kinks thought they were a stadium/arena band.)

I could have put this review into any Sparks CD, but I'm putting it here because, as usual, I have something to complain about and that is where in the Name of Arioch is the CD version of Introducing Sparks, Big Beat's followup? I've heard rumours that the Post Brothers, oh, sorry, I mean the Mael Brothers don't like it.

TOO BAD!! They're wrong.
11 Comment| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details