on 20 September 2013
It was the Marlowe connection that attracted me to this CD. I enjoy some big band jazz and keep returning to the 'hits' of Dorsey, Ellington, Ray Anthony, Ted Heath, Stan Kenton and so on ... the same old, good old, familiars.
The first third of this CD struck me as being a dozen middle aged gentlemen in search of a tune. The middle third [The Marlowe Tracks] is a film theme in search of a movie. The final third left me wondering why the hell I allowed myself to be taken in by the Marlowe connection. But then I am not a musician or a jazz buff. And what a daft name for a band!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink