on 4 January 2013
I really don't understand why people are rating this so high. To many who haven't ty and tested other vacuums in this category anything would be good, but at the time of having this I had the Morphy Richards 73411 and the amount of dirt and dust namely that it picked up over this Vax is just ridiculous.Im not going to waste your time so I am going to try and be as brief as possible.
The good:
6 year guarantee: This is a very long guarantee. However VAX customer service isn't very good and their turn around time can take as long as 3 weeks. Also they don't always favour the guarantee, blaming th fault on the customer, my own experience.
Size, design and weight: It is compact and it does look quite nice for a cleaner. But none of these good points would make me buy it because, the bad points.
Pick up performance: It is terrible. The brush bar is way too soft to get deliver a deep clean. It doesn't snowplow which means the seal around the floor head isn't good. The cleaning path is way too small. I always sy the prof is in the pudding and when vacuuming one room the amount of dirt that this picks up is virtually nothing, to me a bad thing, means its not doing its job. It is very underpowered as regards suction and the brush bar is no where near aggressive enough.
Build quality: This isn't the cheapest vacuum in the world so I would expect some level of quality. This is quite plasticy and feels unstable.
If it was me spending this sort of money on a cleaner I would go for the Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73411 Family and Pets Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Purple Its much better built and it is the deepest cleaner vacuum out there with a stiff brush bar, powerful suction and a 6 year guarantee.
3 people found this helpful