on 9 June 2009
I agree with everything in the previous reviews. I love the Sookie books and find Charlaine to be an excellent author. This book however fell short of my expectations, I felt too many charactors were thrown into this book at once. The story itself seemed rushed and almost as if it was thrown together because Charlaine is under contract to make book 9!

The story itself stars off with the shifters coming out and a murder of a Ware, that isnt the main story however as Sookie has to deal with her fae heritage. I dont feel the 2 story lines run together well and the ending and the reveal of who actually commited the murder dont sit well with me at all.

This book is a lot more central round Sookie and her plight. I would have liked to have seen a lot more of Eric, Bill, Pam and Sam. I felt nearly all had only bit parts in this book which is disappoining. I also agree with the other review that the charactors themselves felt wrong. I understand that the books are getting darker and Sookie cant be little Miss Happy all the time but some parts of all the charactors just felt way off. Would Eric really discuss his previous life of being human so openly in the middle of the bar and then for it to just be left in the middle of the story and not returned to ....

I am an avid follower of the series and I was expecting a lot more of this book, I am keeping my fingers crossed for book 10.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.