on 4 January 2010
What a culture shock it is to come here from film and book reviews, and even reviews of more cerebral video games, to find such badly written efforts from other users. Grammatical and spelling errors are one thing, but the level of hyperbole is terrible. And I like the game!

Usually, since EA got its act together, I will buy each new iteration of FIFA for the PS3, then - when prices are lower, try out the previous year's PES for Windows just for variety. Sadly, unless I upgrade my PC, this will be my last Pro Evo as the specs have now shot up, taking PES 2010 beyond my PC's range. The last FIFA my PC could run well was FIFA 08, but visually PES 2009 is streets ahead. I won't really miss the licensed competitions and teams as I have those with FIFA, and it's not such a long job editing PES now they have the majority of leagues.

Gameplay-wise, PES 2009 is as nice as it looks (and my graphical settings aren't high), and while its not the revelation the original Pro Evos were for the PS2 back in the early to mid 2000s, it still plays a good, intelligent game of football.

I got my copy of PES 2010 in the sales for under a fiver, and I regard that as money well spent. If you must have all the officially licensed, nearly up-to-date teams, etc, then this may not be for you. But if you want a good looking, enjoyable football game for your PC that will cost you relatively little, then I doubt you will be disappointed.
11 Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details