on 29 January 2004
It really does pain me to say that I did not enjoy this album as much as the others. I agree with some of the other reviews in as much as their age is starting to show on this one - have the ladies really lost their touch? Now don't get me wrong I didn't like Maroon on first hearing it and now I do but I think it's doubtful that we'll see the same Stunt magic done again. However, as a huge fan I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
There are some fantastic tracks like Testing 1,2,3, and Maybe Katie - Another Postcard - well they excelled themselves with this one all the quirkiness of One Week and a fab tune. But, Have You Seen My Love? - Oh dear this one was weird and not in good BNL way, this was bad country and western style sacrilage!! I hope BNL are planning a UK tour soon although with the availability of this CD in any music stores remaining ZILCH I doubt this is going to happen either. This is a shame because singing a set like this live could possibly redeem themselves and prove to us loyal fans that all hope has not faded.
For longstanding BNL fans I'd say buy it - there is something for everyone and even if you don't like it all which is normally the case with any CD, you'll be glad you did because even if the ladies are slipping, their offerings are still worth every penny! Buy this and try not compare it to the past cos its in a different league, but maybe thats not a bad thing. Enjoy!
What's this?