16 February 2015
We’ve waiting a long time for this but it has finally arrived and is well worth the wait. I’ve known Mike for more than 10 years as we are both avid Disco record collectors but this is a new string to Mike’s bow and boy is he good at it.
Just as the Godfather of Mixing, Tom Moulton, has his own way of doing things I can now tell a Mike Maurro mix when I hear one. A lot of these tracks have been done before but Mike does them in his own way and does them very well indeed. The stand out for me has to be Candi Staton’s “Young Hearts Run Free”. Although a rare and highly sought after 12 inch single exists of this 1976 track the original 12 inch is no longer than the regular 7 inch. Finally we have a longer version, beautifully done and a sure fire winner.

Great work by Ian Dewhirst too and all at Harmless to get all these tracks licensed and at £10.99 for a triple CD containing 3 and a half hours of music it’s an absolute steal.

Highly recommended!