on 6 November 2003
Like other reviewers, I am a *huge* fan of Chris Cunninghams work. I was initially introduced to it through hearing Aphex Twin's audio assault, "Come To Daddy" after hearing it on the film 8mm. I immediately purchased the tune, and at the same time saw the video perched behind the counter in my record shop.
After this I searched the web, scouring what information I could, but thanks to this amazing DVD you won't have to spend the hours I put in - just sit back, relax, and ensure you're sitting in front of a large screen with loud speakers.
My personal favourites have to be mentioned, simply for the power they include. Squarepushers "Come On My Selector" is pick of the bunch for me - not just because I love this type of music, but because of the obvious effort thrown into editing the fight scenes with each part of the chopped up breakbeat driving the scene, Cunningham including lengthy introductions or extra scenes into the track without throwing it off-centre. In particular, notice the japanese cast speaking english (watch their mouths), dubbed over in Japanese, with english subtitles - sheer genius.
Aphex Twins, "Come To Daddy" comes in second with its heavyweight assault on both ears and eyes. Like many, I find this video scary and hilarious at the same time, in particular for little notes like "This is Techno" scrawled behind two aphex-children fighting - not least of all the creepy screaming demon that ejects itself from the cursed television.
Not only do you get music videos, but a range of associated material. Most people will have seen the Nissan "Engine" advert, or the Playstations "Mental Wealth" promo, both these and more also the work of Cunningham. Personally, I look forward to seeing "Flex", which I missed at the time.
In short, this looks to be a superb portfolio of work, and something you'll come to time and time again, both for yourself and to show any friends that come to visit. Fantastic.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details