on 9 March 2007
At the beginning the tile put me off, as everybody else I though "I know how to estimate, I don't need this book". Well, I was trying to enhance my estimations and I decided to have a go on it.

At the beginning of the book you are bombarded with stories about how wrong estimations can be and presents you with tons of statistics, you start to think "hey! These guys didn't know anything about estimations!" but when you continue reading I started to realize that their estimations are based on pillars that I am also using... scary. At this stage I was more interested on the book.

The book is full of tips and descriptions about the different areas that you must consider on your estimations, taking into account size, effort, schedule and tons of planning parameters. This book is a recommended one to have on your bookshelf as you cannot remember all these things in one go. Another interesting area of the book is the negotiation skills, who wasn't involved in a situation where your boss tells you to introduce hundreds of features within the same timeframe? Well, this book helps you to deal with those situations.

The only reason why I don't give it 5 stars is because of the amount of stats, that actually cuts the flow of the reading on every page. But trust me, you won't regret.
11 Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?