on 7 January 2004
All three of the Garbage albums, have been a sheer success in my books. BeautifulGarbage being just another step in that success. I know alot of people were disappointed with this album as a whole, because it seemed such a change from what people knew as 'Garbage'. Shirley Manson really progressed in such a fantastic way throughout this album, all the songs are beautifully written, the music is so devine and when your listen to it, your taken on a sort of emotional journey, but it always seems to perk me up. I always listen to this album when I am in a sad or depressed mood, because I know that it will make me feel better, its such a compelling album, thats bound to lift up your mood whatever your feeling.
We have to realise that, when Garbage brought out their debut and Version 2.0 albums, they were still young. BeautifulGarbage just shows the group maturing and this isn't a bad thing at all,the album gives the listner high quality music and you can actually see that the lyrics have been thought about; they actually are written to get across a certain message, a certain feeling, thought or mood.
Some of the more popular tracks are "Androgyny" and "Cherry Lips" as they represent R&B, a style a style which is generally very popular among many of modern day music lovers. But I feel the real jewels of the album are "Shut your Mouth", "Silence Is Golden", "Till the Day that I Die" and "So like a Rose"... I think these songs represent Garbages true signature style. In general the whole album is absolutely fantastic, its definately one of my most favourite albums ever.
What's this?