on 31 October 2005
...of a Bunnymen gig.
It sounds crass and overblown but my memories of attending Bunnymen gigs, well, it was almost religious. I can't describe the feeling but it's like nothing I've felt. WOMAD, Albert Hall, Stratford Upon Avon...Gregorian chants, dry ice, Mac's dancing, the flick of a cigarette, the crazy hair...
In the seconds before the Bunnymen took the stage the hairs on the back of my neck stood to attention. I still remember the smell of the dry ice and the air was full of anticipation and excitement. I was young and impressionable and I felt privileged to be there. It was an event, an almost spiritual thing that I've never felt since. How do you capture that on a DVD? The answer is you don't. Those who love and saw the Bunnymen know what I mean. If you never experienced their gigs then sorry, you'll never know how great they were and this DVD doesn't get close.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.