on 6 February 2013
Well the reader arrived sooner than I was expecting which is always good news :)

OK the reader description and review.

The reader housing is made of metal which is painted a glossy black on each flat side of the housing there is a port for the card with each port clearly labeled for which card.
The reader has a built in USB3 cable of about 15cm.

The reader was delivered in a what I would assume was a static free bag and inside it's own box with that in the now well known cardboard envelope that Amazon are known to use so was delivered with plenty of protection.

Now the pro/cons.

Pros.
The reader does work with the advertised cards.
The metal housing should offer some protection.
The integrated USB3 cable is a good choice as this means that the reader and cable can not be divided and either lost.

Cons.
The cable is the biggest let down being that it is only roughly 15cm this in my opinion will lead to ppls frustrations especially if you're USB3 ports are too the rear I will explain further on this later.
The ports for the cards have no spring return by this I mean that when you push you're card into the readers slot to remove the card most devices you simply push the card in a bit further and a return spring pushes the card back out of it's locked position not with this reader.
As there is no return spring for the card and no way for the card to lock into position the reader relies on friction to keep the card in the port/slot with this method care must be taken NOT to push the card in to far as you may damage the readers pins.
Now to further elaborate on the reader and it's short cable if the reader needs to be plugged in to the rear of you're machine then in my opinion ppl will get frustrated with the fact that to remove a card you must first eject the reader then unplug the reader from the used USB slot remove the card then place another card in the reader and then plug the reader back into the rear USB3 slot which for some I would imagine will become quite frustrating (I am lucky enough to have 2x USB3 slots in the front).
Another bad point while testing a micro card I found that the card goes quite deep in to the reader and as such any person with large fingers will have trouble removing the card as there is very little of the card body to grip when you come to remove it.

So this is my review and my opinions I still think after all I've typed it is a reasonable card reader which does exactly as advertised if I could buy another card reader without these small faults for a few £££'s more would I the answer is yes am I happy to carry on using the reader again yes (but only because I have front USB3 ports.

As with all my reviews please excuse the lack of punctuation grammar and any spelling mistakes I am extremely dyslexic and I do try my best I hope this review helps with you're decision I ask if you feel that any thing is missing please feel free to ask and I will try my best to help.
11 Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details