on 22 January 2012
I spent many late nights researching motherboards, trying to decide which was best, gave the latest options and so on.

I am building a new pc rather than just buy off the shelf which I normally do, I wanted more control over my machine as I use it for all the usual home tasks and some MMO gaming such as WoW and SWTOR.

Make no mistake, there are lots of boards out there offering similiar, more, the best, you wont get better and price tags to match. This was a cheaper option than many, however what I did establish is that this has everything I need. Socket 1155, USB3 sockets for the future, SSD slot on the motherboard if I need an SSD drive.

From what I have trawled through on the net this board is everything most people will ever need and more, unless you have very specific needs then you will know exactly what you want, but if you dont then this is perfect. The software is great the layout of the board is very good and the documentation is almost childs play when it comes to finding out where you need to plug everything into.

I installed the processor and its fan in under 10 mins from opening the box and I have never built a pc before so I am no expert, in fact my hand was shaking installing the processor thinking I would break it!

I really cant say much more than that, great price in comparison to others, far more features than I would ever require both on the board on in terms of software.

For reference my build was:

Gigabyte motherboard
Nivida GT650 Ti video
Asus sound card
I3 2100 Processor
8GB Corsair memory

It might not be the best out there but I can run games like WoW and SWTOR on full settings and it does not even flicker :)
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?