on 15 April 2012
I was hoping to construct some fruit bush cages with the Flexi balls, some netting and some bamboo canes, but not as easy as I had hoped.

The balls don't really hold the canes firmly enough to create a self standing cage. To construct a cage you'll need to have the canes firmly planted in the ground to start with and then use the balls to hold the roof struts. Canes vary in diameter and the balls don't hold anything too thick or too thin, so I found I had to pick the canes and cut them so as to have suitably sized diameters each end. The net can not be pulled too tight or there is a danger of collapse so I found I had to tie some garden wire across the canes to give the extra support needed.

So a bit of a pallaver, but now I have to say that I have some half decent fruit cages. The balls definitely make the job easier, but just not quite the pop-up solution I had wished for.
What's this?