on 4 December 2011
I bought this book because I already had the 1st one by Kristie and I was curious to see what was going on with the second one. I precise I don't live in the UK, I am French living in Los Angeles. I don't know much about the author, never saw her shows, except a few pieces on Internet, and before reading her first book, I had no idea who was this person, I just bought her first book because I am an Art and Craft teacher, and Artist, and was curious to find maybe something new elsewhere.
Anyway, I would say that this second book gave me the same feeling as the first now : I really appreciate Kristie's personality and spirit, I like her way of tackling Arts and Crafts projects, even if originally, she was not a specialist of these things, I think that's how people should consider making Arts and Crafts.
The only 4 stars, it's just because I am not crazy about all the different projects she is showing in her book. I am not so much a needle and sewing girl, a little, but not so excited about that, some of the projects are not as simple as they may look. It is true that sometimes tools are needed and they may not be affordable to everybody. It is also not always my taste, kind of not "artsy" enough for me.
But it is also true that you will find a wide variety of crafts and that is a good thing, because it allows the readers to try different things. The explanations are not always obvious or easy to understand, but with a little patience, it is doable.
As conclusion, I would say it is a book to have, because this author is definitely different from any other, she's very original in her approach. I probably wont' make one thing from this book, but never mind, I am still happy to have it.
That is why I recommend it, I think everybody can find something interesting in it, and the book by itself is rather beautiful, good job!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details