TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 January 2014
I started taking these in an effort to redress the muscle wasting that my recent adrenal fatigue had caused. So, in an attempt to provide 'protein sparing' I took these, without food, as you're supposed to. I didn't realise that the way they work is that they reduce brain serotonin, thereby limiting the results of fatigue. Well, my serotonin levels were very low anyway, as per hormone profile, so what I ended up with was the most colossal migraine of all time.

However, Valine is one of the amino acids included in this group and it is known to help tissue repair/renewal, like skin and muscle. So strangely enough, while I was taking it and going down, down, down with serotonin my recent injury was actually getting significantly better and is now completely healed.

I don't know whether to be happy or not with this product. I intend to continue taking it, because my elbow needs extra help to recover from its recent injury, but I think I will just have to take extra care to balance things out a bit more with carbs.

I suppose my advice would be, if you have any kind of insomnia, take care when taking this product, as it lowers brain serotonin even more.

Update 30/04/14:
Since I cleaned out my gut of Candida, my migraines have stopped and this product seems to be really doing the trick. My weight is stable and I've not had any more muscle wasting. I only take two a day, in the morning, but they help all my other aminos to work better, especially with regard to joint regeneration. Cannot believe how much stronger my back is since addressing this need for gelatine in my body.
What's this?