5.0 out of 5 stars Positive experience guaranteed!, 1 July 2005
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know!? [DVD] [2004] (Two-Disc Set) (DVD)
This is the first time I've ever been compelled to write a review on Amazon but there has been so much talk about this film in the press that I thought I should....
I recently saw the "What The Bleep Do We Know?!" at the cinema in London and I'm amazed to say that 110 minutes of celluloid has had an undeniably positive impact on my life.
I've told friends about the film and encouraged them to see it because if your mind is open and ready to question the world around you then this documentary will contain something positive for you. It's hard to put What The Bleep into a few words as it contains so much and relates to people in so many different ways.... but here goes:
What The Bleep Do We Know is a hybrid documentary that consists of interviews and dramatic reconstruction of the theories and science discussed in those interviews. Topics include: God, quantum physics, reality, intentions, emotions, consciousness.... after seeing the film there's a lot to discuss with friends and to think about in private time. Much of what I heard and saw was new to me and so was glad of the way in which the dramatisation helped me to visualise the science and theories talked about by the contributing PhDs, mystics and theologians.
This film is empowering and uplifting.
If you've ever felt in a rut; simply repeating the same daily existence, or questioned your faith and pondered on the nature of reality and truth, then this film will lift you up and make you see the world from a new perspective. If you're interested in new scientific theories, the environment, personal development, health practices, philosophy, yoga, religion, spirituality or enjoyed The Matrix, I Heart Huckabees or Donnie Darko (!) then What The Bleep Do We Know?! will have something for you.
I saw What The Bleep again last week and would liken the difference between the first and second times I saw it to parachuting: the first time you do it you can't take everything in because it's so new and overwhelming but the second time the details sink in and you're able to recognise the incredible thing that you're doing.
I can't wait to get the DVD because I want to be able to spend time to really take in what each of these people have to say; pause the player in the privacy of my own home, think, question and be inspired.

[Add comment]