on 20 September 2012
Firstly, the delivery was absolutely rapid - well before the expected delivery date and I'm very impressed with that!

Now, onto the product itself. As has been pointed out before, the earphones are very pleasing on the eye and in the hand. They look and feel like quality items, not too heavy, but solid.

The range of earbuds supplied means that you're far more likely to find a comfortable and efficient fit. Remember, it's the seal in your ear canal that helps to deliver the bass on these things. If you don't get that right you'll be forever complaining that they sound horrible and tinny!

After trying a few I found the right ones for me. Seems a waste to have no use for all the others but maybe they'll come in handy as spares for something.

Straight out of the box, I have to admit they sound pretty poor. That's because these, in common with many other headphones & in ear monitors, sound better as they 'loosen up'. As has already been reported, there are two distinctly different schools of thought on "burning in" but I've found a few hours of running always improves audio devices - headphones and speakers alike.

Bear that in mind if you're thinking of buying them and using them straight away - you won't like them at first but stick with it, you'll be rewarded before too long.

I've left them running some music gently for a few hours and already they sound better. Very clear with a good bass response and a very pleasant stereo image. Just for comparison, I've been using Sennheiser CX300 II in-ear monitors up till now.

I haven't yet tried them on the train so I can't comment on the isolation qualities, there's no reason why they should be any worse than the 300's as long as I've got the fit just right in my ear though.

For me, a 3 year warranty alone makes these a good purchase. I must admit I've been a little concerned by the failure rates reported here but as long as the manufacturer honors the warranty (which they seem to have done quite proactively judging by the replies here), I feel confident that this is a good purchase.

I will update after they have truly settled in but so far, so good!

**UPDATED AFTER THE FIRST MONTH:**
Well I'm still very happy with my purchase. They fit well enough to block out unwanted sound and therefore don't leak any noise out to people sitting next to me on the train!
I've adjusted the EQ on the music player on my phone to boost treble and bass at different times and they cope with the increased range quite comfortably. Now I've settled on a setting that delivers the range that I want I can really enjoy my music.
There's no sign of the failures that other people have reported and these are now in daily use, my Sennheisers have been relegated to back up duty!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.