on 29 October 2012
If like me your household is full of laptops and computers but you can't get near them for offspring downloading the latest 'tunes' or playing the just released must play game, then this is for you.

OK I'm not going to pretend that you have the computing power of a mainframe sitting in a very light but robust laptop style box, but you do have a very useful item. Connecting to the wireless router was very easy indeed. The netbook searches for networks and all you need to know is which is yours and what is the password. Once entered you are good to go.

From start-up it takes about a minute to boot up and it's instantly connected. You can surf the web and access your emails. What I find particulary useful is the provision of 2 full size USB ports. This means that if you are not a whiz on the touchpad (and I'm not) you can easily connect a cheap wired optical mouse (not supplied) and it makes things a whole lot easier, especially as you are dealing with Android software which is not identical to Windows especially when moving up and down the screen. A scroll wheel mouse is useful.

When it comes to viewing video content don't expect much as most up to date formats aren't available but some do run. You can save video to an SD card (not provided) and as the unit comes with a full size SD card slot you can view on the netbook. It says compatible with BBC- iplayer etc but in my experience it accesses the website OK but I've never got anything to play except adverts on 4 on Demand but never successfully viewed a programme. This might be a short coming of my connection but I suspect the formats are too new and too large for this little netbook.

My requirements are simply to access my emails and browse Ebay, Amazon etc and this unit means that I can do that from the comfort of my arm chair and still have a full PC style keyboard allbeit with smaller keys and a battery life of 3 hours when fully charged.

If your requirements are similar then I wouldn't hesitate to buy this wee machine.
225 people found this helpful