on 16 June 2013
I can’t praise this book enough; it has opened a complete new world to me. I have found it exceptionally detailed and informative, especially for a complete novice like myself. I do a lot of walking on the North Yorkshire Moors and its peripheries and a couple of years ago I realised that I was walking past a lot of things that I found intriguing and which I knew very little about such as Standing Stones, Round Barrows, Crosses etc. Consequently I made a point of finding out about them and arranging my walks accordingly to have a look at them. Anyway whilst planning a walk to look at some Round Barrows in the Ravenscar area I came across references to Cup and Ring Stones which though I had heard of them , I had no real idea as to what they were and I decided to keep my eye open for them whilst doing the walk. However due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge I realised that I hadn’t a clue as to what I was looking at and didn’t know whether I was looking at erosion or something man made etc.
So it was time to find out and a search of Amazon came up with this book which I duly purchased. As far as I am concerned it’s brilliant with a wealth of information that is easily understood and explains in detail what to look for and most importantly the ten figure OS grid reference which tells you exactly were the stones are. So for a novice like myself who is just learning about these things this is invaluable it tells me exactly where to go and what to look for.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink