on 11 May 2012
I had an Apple 27 inch prior to this which packed in after only 7 months, so decided to give this monitor a go.

I bought it mainly for creating design work, mostly web, and it comes Adobe calibrated which is a bonus. My main problem with this is the anti-glare coating it has, if you are working with very light colours you will notice a sparkle effect on the screen. I have it linked up to a Macbook Pro which has had the glossy screen removed as I wanted it matte and the difference is pretty noticeable.

If and when Apple bring out a 27 inch version of the Macbook Pro matte screen you should look at going down that route. I know there is a price difference between this Dell and a current glossy Apple, about £270, but would rather pay the difference. I've played around with the settings on this and the colour at times seems too vibrant. New Apple matte screens need to be put back out to the market, but they have a weird fascination with glossy products.

It has a DisplayPort input so you can hook it up to your Macbook from Displayport (screen) to MiniDisplayPort/Thunderbird (Macbook).

However I use it for gaming, and it's pretty good connected to my xbox, BF3, Forza don't have any problems. I do have some player lag in Fifa12 though.

A good monitor, but should have been a lot better for the money. Get an Apple unless you need to do print web until they bring out a matte version.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink