on 18 October 2008
I bought this series originally, as it was Patricia Driscoll's portrayal of Maid Marian that I remembered the most. As I started to watch it, I forgot the nostalgia and was totally enthralled by the acting, stories and location shots.

Richard Greene was my first hero as a child and I have enjoyed every minute of it, but I don't believe this boxed 'complete last series' is actually complete. If my memory serves me correctly, didn't King Richard return from the crusades and Robin actually marry Marian? And didn't Alan Wheatley return to his role of the Sherrif of Nottingham?

Also in my boxed set, two episodes are titled in French. both with incomplete end titles.

I enjoyed watching again Richard Greene, Pat Driscoll, Alan Wheatley, John Arnatt, Archie Duncan, Alexander Gauge, Victor Woolf, Paul Eddington et al. Yes, I know one can hear the echo of the 'floor' of the outlaw camp in Sherwood Forest and everyone spoke improbably well for the actual place and time, but they were very well written childrens' entertainment that still stand up extremely well today - and I just love the theme tune.
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?