5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing......, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: HP Chromebook 11 (Personal Computers)
I ordered this amazing device quite late on a Friday evening with Super Saver Delivery.
I received an email on the Sunday evening informing me that it had been dispatched and the estimated delivery date was the following Friday.

It arrived the next day (Monday) at 8.45am, getting my wife out of bed to answer the door (parcel post are always early as we're only two minutes from the sorting office, which is a pain when you're retired!).

Once I had got up and sorted I unpacked the usual high standard of Amazon packaging and plugged it in and switched on.
I was met with a small window asking me my Country, language and the wifi settings. These were completed in a couple of minutes.

I then did what every computer user does and clicked "continue" using the enter key.....nothing.....tried again, and nothing.
Tried several times, got it into Arabic, panic set in, got it back to English UK (phew!) and started to get rather annoyed!

Looked for help using the PC at Amazon and HP. Got helpline number for HP, rang it and was met by a voice activated system, I hate those! It wouldn't recognise what I wanted so I rang off.
I then found another number at HP so rang that. Chap couldn't help me so gave me another number to ring........that stupid automated voice one again, I rang off and rang the HP number again and spoke to a young lady who said it was supported by Google and gave me their number........which was unobtainable!!

I then put the device down on the chair and was about to pack it back up and get a returns note from Amazon when I picked it up and my thumb touched the track pad, which felt loose, that's not good I thought........then I noticed the screen had changed and the thing was booting up and updating!!!
Never in the years I have been using computers have I seen a track pad that was used in this way, it's always been the "enter" key. Why on Earth don't they mention this in the leaflet with the instructions?
There is more information in the instruction leaflet for pain killers!

Now on to the device itself.....It is an absolutely amazing device (once you get it working!).
Everything is updated and sorted. All you have to do is enter your Google account details, or create one if you haven't got one, and off you go, the World wide Web is at your fingertips.
It links with your other Google/Android devices.

I have to mention the speakers....they are fantastic. Where are they though? Their location has already been mentioned, who would have thought they would be under the keypad! The sound quality is extremely good. Listening to music on YouTube is excellent.

Would I recommend it? Yes of course I would, because it's brilliant and looks and feels rather sensual, in a nice sort of way.

Just remember to use the track pad and not the "enter" key!

Buy and enjoy, you will not be disappointed"!

[Add comment]
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Nov 2013 21:33:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Nov 2013 02:05:36 GMT
Stan G1YGJ says:

Having played with this device for a couple of days, I have to report that I have no regrets at all whatsoever!
It is quite amazing and works like a dream.

Go on, buy one, you know you want to!

Update 2:

I see someone has complained to Amazon that this item wasn't as described, so they've stopped selling it until the issue has been resolved.

I'm rather bemused as to what on Earth the complainant is moaning about, because I think the description was 100% accurate!
"There's now't so queer as folk" as the old saying goes!

Posted on 19 Nov 2013 00:52:24 GMT
Stan G1YGJ says:
I have just read this and am gutted to the core!
Yes the charger does get hot.
What will Amazon do about it?
I've had it a week and I am delighted with it!

Posted on 19 Nov 2013 18:34:10 GMT
Stan G1YGJ says:
Due to the dangerous charger, and after almost an hour on the phone to Amazon, this brilliant device is being sent back for a full refund.
The only reason for returning it is, the charger overheating problem. They haven't got any replacement chargers, which is quite ridiculous really, so it's going back at their request.
This was my first and last HP product. Fancy building a great machine like this and skimping on the quality of the charger.
So it's back to the drawing board as Google Chromebooks are brilliant and I want another one ASAP!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›