on 13 April 2010
This was the most difficult book I have ever read.
Not due to it being a terrible book, far from it. It was very well written however the fact that the author manages to really draw you into the surroundings and situations means that due to the subject matter being so disturbing I was left feeling as though I had actually witnessed these crimes myself. I ended up crying so hysterically throughout the accounts of the Collins and Winslow boys time at the ranch that I ended up having a nosebleed.
I decided to not read anymore as a mother of 2 young children I felt I couldnt cope with the details, However I picked it up and persevered, managing to read the last half in one sitting as I wanted to finish it sooner rather than later and prolong my own misery.
I have frequently re-read much of my library and am used to reading true-crime, but I honestly dont think I could read this book again because of the effect it had on me personally.
Even though I had already heard about the Wineville murders and had read 'Nothing is Strange with You' by James Jeffrey Paul, I was totally unprepared to be so saddened by the story from Sanford Clarks perspective.
I have given this book a five star rating as no book before has ever brought out so much empathy and emotion in me, which in my eyes makes it an incredible read.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?